Section 25e of the State School Aid Act provides a proration for those students enrolled between the fall and spring count days.
For approval of a Section 25e, the following needs to be completed:
- Student must be enrolled in your district.
- Student’s first day of attendance in your district must be no earlier than the day after the fall count day and no later than the day before spring count day.
- The SRM along with the request under Section 25e must be submitted within 30 calendar days of the student’s first day of attendance. Note there is an extended period for the transfers that occur during the fall count period.
- Documentation, including the enrollment form, residency verification, attendance record, and class schedule (grades 6-12) must be provided to the auditor.
- Section 25e requests are NOT submitted on students transferring within the NC RESA boundaries. NC RESA superintendents sign a memorandum of understanding each year stating that the initial district will retain funds for that school year.
Submission dates: Generally, you should target the following dates for 25e requests.
Documents submitted after the 30 day window may be denied and could cost your district a considerable amount of funding based on the number of students transferring in.