TO INSURE DOCUMENTS CAN BE OPENED AND SAVED PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ADOBE DC READER IS YOUR DEFAULT PROGRAM TO OPEN A .PDF FILE.
“I chose to join the Early College Newaygo County program because I knew this was a great opportunity for me to get a "jump start" on my education.” – Alana Tovar-Pineda
“[I like] the care the mentors take with us and the friendship with fellow cohort members." – Carlos Olvera
- What is ECNC: Early College Newaygo County (ECNC) is a 3 year program in partnership with Muskegon Community College, NC RESA, and Newaygo County public school districts that provides students the opportunity to earn a high school diploma and an associate degree upon successful completion in the program.
- Why choose ECNC: With more than 60% of jobs requiring a post-secondary degree/ credential by 2020, education beyond high school is critical to securing a viable career.
- Cost of ECNC: Tuition, fees, books and course-required materials will be paid for at no cost to students or their families. Transportation will need to be covered by the students and/or family. The Career-Tech Center bussing is available for many classes offered at NC RESA during the first two years of the program.
- Who is eligible: Interested students apply during grade 10 and begin participating in the program in grade 11, and work towards completion in grade 12 and 13.
- How to apply: Please contact your high school counselor to learn how to apply or click on the ECNC application link above. Completed applications should be submitted to your high school counselor.
- Where do classes take place: Many students in the first year of the program will take afternoon classes (typically at NC RESA). The classes taken during grade 12 will be held in the morning at NC RESA or on MCC’s Muskegon campus. During the third (13th) year, students may choose to take their classes on MCC’s Muskegon campus, NC RESA, and/or online.
Click here to learn more about Early College Expectations
ECNC brought to you in partnership with Muskegon Community College, Fremont High School, Grant High School, Hesperia High School, Newaygo High School, and White Cloud High School