- Assist in daily classroom routines (i.e., dressing, toileting) and facilitate student participation in activities by helping students who may be having difficulty in understanding.
- Assist the teacher by carrying out, under the supervision and direction of the teacher, group or individualized instruction, remediation, or guided practice and data collection.
- Assist with any pre-vocational and vocational training activities for individual students or small groups of students, as specified by the teacher.
- Supervise students during field trips, community-based instruction, playground, hygiene, recreational activities, lunchroom, corridors, bus and other activities.
- Prepare classroom materials, assist the teacher in preparation of daily lesson plans, operate technology equipment, make instructional charts and other tasks assigned by the teacher.
- Help with room inventory, record attendance, duplicate materials, prepare bus lists, record lunch and milk money and/or other funds, file materials, records, letters, help correct student papers and other student assignments, and do errands.
- Assist with implementation of individual student behavioral management plans and support programs.
- Attend building, staff and parent meetings, shall participate in parent conferences, perform housekeeping tasks and comply with teacher requests to call parents.
- Care for the students' physical needs (changing clothes, feeding, lifting, tube feeding, suctioning, catheterization, etc.).
- Help carry out directives of other special education staff.
Send cover letter, resume and completed support staff application to:
Dr. Lori Tubbergen Clark, Superintendent
Newaygo County RESA
4747 W. 48th Street
Fremont, MI 49412