| Essential Functions:
- Perform work assigned by Physical Plant Management, designee and/or the building administrator. Work assignments include general cleaning, floor stripping and finishing, refilling and inspecting all soap and paper dispensers in the assigned areas, dusting filing cabinets, counter tops, locker tops and ledges.
- Perform other work such as cleaning walls, windows and glass display cases, polishing metal surfaces, dust mopping or vacuuming rooms and hallways assigned, spot washing walls, performing carpet cleaning and maintaining classroom and office cleanliness.
- Assist with snow and litter removal around building entrances when necessary.
- Maintain all housekeeping/groundskeeping equipment and custodial/housekeeping closets in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Deliver inter-district mail to local districts on a weekly basis (if assigned).
- Assist in sanding, painting and refinishing, minor repairs and changing light bulbs in agency buildings.
- Assist in summer cleaning tasks.
- Perform semi-skilled work in the maintenance and care of Agency grounds and landscapes which include the operation of electrically or gasoline powered equipment and machines. The use of small hand and power tools or equipment in planting, cultivating and trimming of grounds and landscape may be required.
- Complete work requests for interior and exterior building upkeep via the SchoolDude online work order system.
- Assist groups using meeting rooms as needed, including room set ups and refreshments.
- Assure all safety devices (ex: fire extinguishers and alarms) are operable; advising Physical Plant Management of any and all deficiencies.
- Provide feedback to Physical Plant Management on supplies and equipment to provide the most cost-effective and efficient operation possible.
- Responsible for securing buildings at the end of shift.
- Predictable/reliable attendance.