||Closing Date for Outside Candidates:
||as soon as possible
||Closing Date for Internal Candidates:
||(Internal Candidates will be considered before outside candidates)
||Please contact the HR Department for wage information 231.924.8853.
||Joel Phillips, Director of Technology and Security Services
||full year/full-time with benefits per benefit schedule
- High school graduate; Associate Degree with additional computer skills and training preferred.
- Technical training gained through formal training programs covering hardware and software systems (MCSE, A+ certification).
- Self-sufficient and require a minimum of supervision or assistance and be self-directed and self-motivated.
- 2+ years of work experience using computer applications.
- 2+ years of computer networking experience, including installation, setup and troubleshooting of computer systems at the PC level.
- Physically capable of performing duties specific to the job area.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, tasks and safety procedures used in the assigned job area.
- Commitment to a customer service orientation.
- Abilities in the areas of communication, problem solving, critical thinking, organizational skills, and learning new tasks.
- Familiarity with all current operating systems, Microsoft Office, and Internet browsers.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP protocol, switches and routers.
- Familiarity with VOIP.
- Familiarity with mobile devices and operating systems.
- Familiarity with low voltage wiring.
- Experience and knowledge with uses of the Internet.
- Positive leadership ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a team.
Essential duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Director of Technology Services & Security to establish and maintain network security.
- Collect and disseminate information on technology and training opportunities for staff.
- Continually research emerging technology and software.
- Assist in grant writing and work with administration to establish alternative funding for technology.
- Manage assigned technology (may include voice, video, data).
- Provide liaison with other agencies, organizations, and vendors as requested.
- Attend meetings with the public, board of education, and other groups concerned with technology as deemed necessary by the Director of Technology Services & Security.
- Update personal technological knowledge and skills.
- Provide general problem solving services to clients on a variety of LAN cross platform hardware, communication issues and computer applications (including Internet) in a Help Desk capacity.
- Work with IT Manager to monitor mainframe and network performance.
- Maintain documentation for computer operations and procedures.
- Act as a resource, if needed, to employees, students and the general public visiting the NC RESA.
- Possess knowledge of NC RESA’s organization, mission, and philosophy.
- Perform other duties deemed appropriate by the Director of Technology Services & Security.
Internal candidates - Please contact Human Resources for information on how to apply for this position.
Outside candidates - Please click on the following link to apply:
||If you have questions, please contact the NC RESA Human Resources Department at 231.924.8853.