To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Essential duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Implement data-based virtual or in-person instructional activities for addressing academic, social/emotional, and transition goals consistent with the student’s individualized education plan.
- Complete annual individual educational plan for students in a timely, thorough and accurate manner.
- Complete special education progress reports in a timely manner that reflects valid student data.
- Complete timely submission of claims to Medicaid for eligible students on caseload.
- Teach students based on curricular objectives focused on academic, social and post-secondary transition.
- Instruct students throughout the school day by incorporating small, large, and individual groupings.
- Keep apprised of new materials and methods of instruction and recommend needed resources and materials for instruction.
- Provide a safe and positive classroom environment that effectively supports instructional and social emotional learning activities that addresses the needs of each student.
- Support the collection of data for functional behavior assessments and implement student behavior plans with fidelity to support behavior needs.
- Experience, or knowledge, with students on the autism spectrum and willingness to learn new strategies through statewide autism professional development opportunities.
- Plan community-based outings in an organized and timely manner.
- Create work-based placements for students on the NC RESA campus.
- Create work-based opportunities within the greater Newaygo County community based on student ability.
- Initiate and maintain regular contact with parents regarding program activities, incidents, student progress, and available resources.
- Complete required reports, forms, and records in a timely, thorough and accurate manner.
- Participate in staff meetings and organizational in-service learning.
- Provide a positive working environment which includes, clear communication, expectations and activities for the special education aides assigned to the program.
- Assist in the evaluation process of the special education aides assigned to the program.
- Predictable/reliable attendance.
- Act as a resource, if needed, to employees, students and the public visiting the NC RESA.
- Possess knowledge of NC RESA’s organization, mission, and philosophy.
- Perform other duties deemed appropriate by the Supervisor of Center-Based Program.